Table of Contents
1. Dance Class
New dance classes : private/group lesson available ->Class inquiry
Izumi teaches at Vishva Shanthi -> Link
2. GuruGuru Saroja Vaidyanathan is the founder and president of Ganesh Natyalaya, established in 1974 in New Delhi, India. Ganesa Natyalaya not only provides extensive practical training in Bharatanatyam under the vigilant and able guidance of the guru but also teaches various theoretical aspects of dance.
Fundamentals of Carnatic music, South Indian classical music, are also taught, as music is an integral part of dance.
Guru Vaidyanathan was trained in the Tanjore style of Bharatanatyam by Guru Lalitha of Saraswathi Gana Nilayam, Chennai, a disciple of Kattumannar Muthukumaran Pillai of Tanjore, Tamil Nadu state. She has also received training in Carnatic Vocal music under Prof.P.Sambamurty.
She has choreographed several ballets on various themes ranging from mythology and Indian history to contemporary issues.
Books authored by her are: "The Science of Bharatanatyam", "Carnataka Sangeetham", "Bharatanatyam an in-depth Study", and "Classical Dances of India". She has traveled widely for performances and is a recipient of several awards including "Kalaimamani" and "Natyakala Bhushani".
Read more about her Interviewed by Anjana Rajan
3. Teaching Evaluation
4. Sample Syllabus
- Bharatanatyam schools in Bay area, CA, USA
- www.vishwashanthi.org | Vishwa Shanthi of Shreelata Suresh
- Bharatanatyam school in India
- www.artindia.net/ganesa |Ganesa Natyalaya of Guru Saroja Vaidyanathan in New Delhi
- www.schoolofbharatanatyam.com |Natyantharanga of Smt. Shubha Dhananjay in Bangalore
Last Updated: August 23, 2006